For Questions regarding our Reservations, please see our Rates Page
Do you have Hot Tubs?
No, we do not have any hot tubs although the Mockingbird Cabin does have a 2-person indoor jetted tub with a large picture window and view of our meadow and the mountains in the distance.
Do you have Wi-Fi?
Yes, our entire property is equipped with free Wi-Fi. Indoors AND outdoors. Enjoy your laptop or iPad while relaxing streamside in a hammock.
Do you have Fireplaces?
Every cabin has a gas fireplace. Fireplaces are operable from October 1 through April 30th each year. There are also several public bonfire areas along our stream that can be reserved. Bonfire wood is $6 a bundle.
What are the Road Conditions?
All of the roads leading to Mountain Springs are paved and easily accessible. The State takes great care of the interstates and the County keeps ALL of our secondary roads (2) clear. During times of snow or ice, we have someone on call that plows our private roads and shovels our sidewalks.
Are you Open Year Round?
Yes, our cabins have been open year round since 2010.
How close are the cabins to Asheville? How close to Biltmore?
We are an easy 10 minutes west of Asheville. 20 minutes to the center of downtown Asheville. We are also just 20 minutes from the Biltmore. And just adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Can we reserve more than one cabin for a wedding/ family reunion/ group retreat?
Absolutely! We love groups and our property and cabins are perfectly suited for group gatherings. We consider you a group when you reserve 3 or more cabins. Are you organizing a group event? Please call our office at (828) 665-1004.
What time is Check-In?
Our first check-in is usually between 1-2pm. We clean the cabins in the order of arrival times stated on the reservation form. If your scheduled arrival time changes or if you would like an earlier arrival time, please contact the office as soon as possible. When we can check you in sooner, we are happy to. For those arriving after office hours please see the “Late Arrival” Procedures on your confirmation email or contact the office to receive instructions.
What time is Check-out?
Our check out time is 10am.
Can I arrive after Office Hours?
Yes, we allow Late Arrivals after office hours. Please call the office if you plan to arrive after hours so that we can give you the Late Arrival procedures. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 9am until 5pm and 9am until 11am on Saturday. Our office is closed most Sundays.
What is there to do on your property? Is there hiking?
All 13 cabins are on a 47-acre property with a beautiful stream surrounding 2 sides. During warmer months the stream is the place to be with tubes available to play in the water. Anyone interested in fishing is welcome to do so without a license on our property. We have a large recreation field with playground as well as a badminton/ volleyball net, soccer goals, basketball goal, corn hole goals, horseshoes, and more. We also have hiking trails right on our property by crossing our foot bridge. In case the weather turns, we also have free Wi-Fi, a huge DVD library, and board games to lend in the office.
Are there Washers and Dryers?
We have public laundry facility for guests on property.
What is provided?
Your cabin will be fully equipped with the following:
- Dishware, cutlery, basic pots and pans, toasters, coffee-maker and filters, microwaves, and all of your linens. For all cabins with sleeper sofas, linens are also provided. We also provide trash bags, salt and pepper, coffee filters, toilet paper, a few toiletry items, hand soap, dish soap, and a starter roll of paper towels.
- Hair dryers are available for loan in the office.
- For those traveling with small children we have a baby monitor and bed rail available to lend. We also have pack-n-play and cot rentals, but those need to be reserved at the time of reservation to assure we have one available for you.
- Flat screen TV, DVD players as well as IPod docking stations are in each cabin.
- Each cabin has an extensive concierge information binder. We cover everything! This can help you plan everything from meals to outings. We promise… you will not have enough time to do everything covered in this compendium.
- There are charcoal grills at each cabin so bring charcoal and lighter fluid if you plan to grill.
- In the office we have a large selection of DVDs, board games, and sporting equipment in our lending library as well.
Which cabins have the easiest accessibility? Which have the least amount of stairs for guests with mobility issues?
For guests with mobility issues, the Hummingbird and Cricket Cabins each have only 1-2 steps to enter the cabins and both have showers instead of bathtubs in the bathrooms. These 2 cabins also have parking within a few feet of your door. If you have specific needs, please contact the office prior to making a reservation. Ask about wheel chair ramp that can be used for many of our cabins.
Are all of your cabins pet friendly?
No, we have specific pet friendly cabins which include the Gate House Cottage, Potting Shed, Katydid, Lodge House, and Cricket Cabins. In our case the word pet refers to dogs only. We have a 2 dog maximum unless special arrangements have been made with the office.